Instagram is one of the most popular and widely used social media platforms for sharing photos and videos. The platform has gained more popularity with new features like ‘reels’ and other video editing features, attracting users of various ages.
However, sometimes the users face some technical glitches with their sound. The video is playing, but it has no sound to it. If you face the same trouble, don’t worry, we have got your back! In this article, we are going to provide you with causes for ‘Instagram no sound error’ and methods to fix it.
Causes of Instagram Video No Sound Error:
Before we dive into the methods to fix Instagram video no sound error, we need to understand these errors’ causes. Some of the reasons for the video having no sound might be:
- Instagram has this default feature that whenever a video is being played, it will be muted by default. To turn on the video’s sound, the user needs to tap the button right on the speaker icon.
- The video may have no sound at all intentionally. In this case, there will be a speaker icon along with a cross at the button right on the screen.
- The user may have weak internet connectivity, which may be the reason for no sound video’.
- The video may be corrupt from the owner. Again, corrupt videos are caused by various reasons.
- Another possible reason is having multiple tabs open on one device that causes a sound glitch.
- Sometimes, the issue might be with the app itself, like the server might be down, or the app may not have been updated to the latest version.
- In some cases, there might be device compatibility issues. The audio codec of the video may not be compatible with the application.
Methods to Fix Instagram Video No Sound Error
Now that you are aware of the problems that cause Instagram Video no sound error, here are some of the easiest ways to fix it.
1. Reboot your phone
Sometimes, the phone faces software glitches that overload the application’s cache. Reboot/ restart your device to avoid such issues. Here’s how to reboot your Android and iOS devices.
Steps to Reboot android phones:
- Press and hold the power button at the side of your phone.
- Power options will appear on the screen.
- Select reboot/restart.
Steps to reboot iOS phones:
- Press hold the volume button and the side button simultaneously.
- The power slider will be displayed on the screen.
- Swipe the slider to the right to restart/ reboot the device.
After rebooting your device, try opening Instagram and check whether the issue is still there.
2. Update to the latest version
If the user uses an older version of the app, then some technical issues with the sound may come up. To avoid such problems, make sure that the application is updated.
- Go to the play store or App store.
- Select my apps or updates.
- Search for Instagram from the given list.
- Tap on the Update option to update the latest version.
Once the app is updated, try opening the app to ensure the error is not occurring.
3. Ensure that the phone is on General/Sound mode
If your device is on silent or vibration mode, there are chances that you may not hear the sound of the video on Instagram. You can turn the sound mode by the following way:
- Go to settings.
- From the displayed menu, select ‘sounds and vibrations.
- Now, from the given options tap on ‘sound.’
If you own an iOS device, you can turn on your phone from silent mode to general mode by pushing the button to the left of your iPhone on the front side.
4. Force close the application
Another way to deal with this issue is to force the application. Here’s how to do it:
Steps to force close application:
- Go to settings, and in the menu bar, select apps.
- From the list of apps, select Instagram.
- Tap on the option of force close.
- This will ensure that the application is force shutdown and the error is no longer there.
5. Clear App cache
With all the overload on the device, some problems might come up with the app, like no sound to the Instagram video. Therefore, it is always a good idea to clear the stored cache.
- Go to settings, and in the menu bar, select apps.
- In the list of apps, select Instagram.
- Tap on storage, click on the clear cache option.
After clearing the app cache, check your Instagram once again to ensure the error is no longer there.
6. Disable the power-saving mode
If a device is on power-saving mode, then the apps cannot perform properly. Using Instagram on power-saving mode can cause a sound issue. All that should be done in this case is to turn off the power-saving mode.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Check for the power saving option in the displayed menu.
- Simply disable it by tapping on it.
For iOS devices, you can turn off the power saving mode by going through Settings >Battery> Low power mode.
7. Re-installing the app
Lastly, after trying every possible solution, reinstall the application on your device.
- Press and hold on to the app icon.
- Select uninstall from the given options.
- Now, go to the play store and search for Instagram.
- Reinstall the application by tapping on the ‘Download’ button.
You can now log in to your Instagram account and ensure that the glitch is no longer there.
8. Disable third-party extensions
At times, third-party extensions monitor and block various unwanted advertisements. Sometimes, these applications block some features, leading to the app’s improper functioning. Disabling these extensions will solve the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Some of the easiest methods to fix the no sound error on Instagram are updating to the latest version, restarting your device, re-installing the application, force shut down, and more.
At the button right side of the screen, tap on the small speaker icon to turn on the video’s sound.
If your Instagram does not sound, the phone might be in vibrate or silent mode. To solve this issue, simply turn on the ringer on your phone.
You May Also Like:
Various issues arise on Instagram, and no sound error is one of the most common problems users face. However, you can quickly solve them with the steps and pictures mentioned above. So, try the methods and say goodbye to the Instagram glitches! We hope that our article has been helpful to you. Also, let us know which method works the quickest and best to your convenience in the comments section below.