One of the most common features that users look for these days is the dark mode. Over the years, all the popular social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Gmail, and more have released dark mode features.
Instagram, luckily, has a dark mode feature too. If you are wondering how to enable the dark mode on Instagram, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how you can enable Instagram Dark mode on iOS and Android devices.
How to Enable Dark Mode For Instagram (Step By Step)
Here we have given step by step guide to enable Instagram dark mode on Android, iOS, and desktop. Let’s dive in.
Android: Enabling Dark Mode
The Dark mode on Instagram is currently only available for android 10 users. Here’s how to enable the dark mode:
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to settings.
- Look for themes from the displayed options.
- Click on themes and enable the dark mode from the given options.
There’s also an alternate option to enable the dark mode from the settings of your mobile:
- Go to phone settings.
- Search for ‘display’ settings and tap on it.
- Now turn on the dark theme from the options available.
- Then, open Instagram, and the dark mode will be enabled automatically.
Enabling Dark Mode On Instagram On iOS:
Remember, your iPhone must be updated to the latest version of iOS 14 or later to access the dark mode feature.
- Update Instagram to the latest version from AppStore.
- Go to Device Settings.
- Tap on display and brightness option.
- There you can turn on the dark mode or set it to change automatically to the current hours or a custom schedule.
Note: Doing this will help you enable the dark mode on Instagram on your iOS device if your iPhone is running on iOS 13 or higher version.
Enabling dark mode on Instagram for Desktop:
The dark mode works differently on desktops than the phones. Even if the browser is in the dark theme the Instagram page will be in the default mode.
- Go to Chrome extension from your chrome browser.
- Download dark theme extension to your browser.
- Now, you can use the extension to enable the dark mode and enjoy using Instagram on Dark mode on Desktop.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, Instagram is one of the apps which support the dark mode of the theme. For Android 10 and iOS 13 and later versions only.
The night theme or dark mode of Instagram is available on the desktop too. but, to enable that the user will have to download an extension to their browser.
The dark mode on Instagram not only looks good but also helps save battery life. It reduces the display power and the brightness of the app/phone.
You May Also Like:
The dark mode on Instagram has been widely used and liked by people globally. Additionally, it saves the phone’s battery life and also helps reduce the strain on our eyes. With the steps and images mentioned above, you can enable the dark theme on Instagram at your convenience.
We hope our article has helped you to enable the dark mode on various devices. Over to you, do you like dark mode or light mode better? Let us know your choice in the comments section below.